Using JEMH test cases allows administrators to check the configuration of JEMH is working as expected. This provides a built in alternative to sending test emails from an external source.
Click Test Cases which is located on the main JEMH toolbar.
Creating a new Test Case
- Select 'Create New'
- Specify a profile to run the test case against
- Add a comment describing the test case if you wish
- Add valid email content including required headers (see below example)
Creating Test Case from existing file
- Click Create New from the man Test Case screen
- Choose a profile to run the test case against
- Under the File section click Browse...
- Select a valid email file (typically .txt or .eml) and click Open
- Click Create to submit the file as a test case
Incorrect File Type/Corrupt File
This error message may appear if you choose an invalid file that JEMH cannot parse as a valid email.
Running your Test Case
To execute a test case, mouse over an existing test case and click the green play icon to the right of it.
You will then be shown the Run Result screen, which gives the user details on what happened when the test case was run against the profile.
A successful test case execution may look like this:
Whereas an unsuccessful test case execution may look like this. Notice that when this occurs, JEMH gives hints as to why the problem occurred: